RESEARCH STUDY NEWS
Groundbreaking study results you helped make possible
Groundbreaking research conducted by the CRI research team—which you helped make possible!—was published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine.
CRI Research Director Dr. Amy Colson is a co-author on the article, which discusses the results of the ION-4 clinical trial conducted at CRI and other research sites in 2014. The results of this trial were outstanding—after just 12 weeks of treatment with a fixed-dose combination pill, most participants who adhered to treatment were cured of HCV while maintaining low HIV viral loads.
“Only with your help can the CRI research team continue to conduct innovative studies like the ION-4 trial. Thank you for your ongoing support as we move forward with new trials that will further improve the quality of life for people with HIV, HCV, or co-infected with both.” —Amy Colson, MD, MPH, CRI Research Director and Principal Investigator of Hepatitis C Studies
For more information about clinical trials at CRI, click here or call 617.502.1700.
Past news items:
- Results of study conducted at CRI show early HIV treatment saves lives (May 2015)
- Research Recap: HCV Drug Studied at CRI Gains FDA Approval; Dr. Cohen Presents in Glasgow (November 2014)
- Dr. Cal Cohen Presents at the 54th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) (September 2014)
- You Make a Global Impact: CRI Research Staff Present at 20th International AIDS Conference (July 2014)
- Thanks to Your Support, 95% of Participants Cured of Hepatitis C (HCV) in CRI Clinical Trial (March 2014)
- Dr. Cohen Reports on the Research You Make Possible: CROI 2014 Update (March 2014)
- Your Support Addresses an Urgent Community Need: CRI Lends HIV Expertise to Improve Hepatitis C Treatments (December 2013)
- CRI’s Dr. Cal Cohen Discusses Research Presented at the 14th European AIDS Conference (October 2013)
- CRI’s Dr. Cal Cohen Presents at the 7th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (July 2013)
- Current Clinical Trials (May 2013)
- Open and Enrolling Trials (February 2013)
- HIV Grand Rounds with Dr. Cal Cohen (February 2013)
For more information, please call CRI at 617.502.1700.